Tucson, I know nothing about you. Until now!
Arizona is gorgeous, people. Basically every single thing I want to do in Tucson revolves around being outside. It’s gonna be freakin hot, but I’ll manage.
- Sabino Canyon – Located north of Tucson. Apparently it’s gorgeous.
- Kartchner Caverns State Park – This cave system is considered one of the top ten in the world, and it’s located just south of the city.
- 4th Avenue – You know, the nightclub scene.
- The Summit Hut – This local shop sells gear for people that want to hike and stuff. Yeah, I’m gonna need to stop in there.
- RoadRunner Hostel and Inn – I want to meet some people in Tucson to go hiking with, so I plan on checking in to a hostel this time around.
As I’ve said, I’ll be working all week while I’m in Tucson. That’s five days to work and then two days to explore. Phoenix is just up the road so I can afford to possibly hike the Sabino Canyon on the way up. On Saturday (my first off day), I’ll go check those caves out, which cost $23 per tour.
I plan on seeing some good coffee shops in Tucson. I need to work somewhere, right? I guess I can park down in the city or explore the surrounding areas.
Tucson is a weird one. I feel like it’s really out in the middle of nowhere, but that’s Arizona. I’ll be far from home and far from my friends on the West Coast. That’s why I’m going to check-in to a hostel. I’ll need the company, I think.
Then in Phoenix I’ll go right back to couch surfing, and recharge my batteries before making the last leg of my trip out to Los Angeles.
It was nice to make this part of the trip a little more clear to myself. I still don’t have all the dates set up, but I know the general jist.