Okay, as of now I’ll be staying in New Orleans for six and a half days, but I’ll be working for five of them.
How the heck am I going to see the city when I’ll be working so much?
In short, waking up early, doing things after 5 p.m., and working in the city itself. Sounds simple. We’ll see how it goes.
As for when I’m not working, here are just a few things I want to do around New Orleans.
- The Swamp – I gotta see this. Dr. Wagners Honey Island Swamp Tours are $15 per person, and last about two hours.
- Morning Run At City Park
- Rent a Bike – I fully plan to rent a bike and spend three whimsical hours navigating my way around ‘NALUNS, perhaps during the evening as the sun sets? It’d be beautiful.
- Go To Church – I think I’ll go to church down here. I hear it’s pretty mezmorizing.
- Have Gumbo – Yep, I’m gonna have the best damn gumbo this city has to offer, and lick the bowl clean.
- Coffee at Cafe Du Monde – I hear this place in the French Quarter is bomb.
- Dinner at Commander’s Palace – They’re world famous, and you have to wear a dinner jacket. Double points.
- Get A Shave At Aidan Gill For Men – I’ve never gotten a straight razor shave before, and I hear they finish with a whiskey. I think I’ll get my first in New Orleans from these guys.
- Visit Faulker House Books – This place has a list of books that are Louisiana-related. I love books, too. This is one of the things I’m most looking forward to.
- Purchase Some Art From “A Gallery For Fine Photography”
Well, there you have it. There’s a few more things I want to do as far as nightlife is concerned, but that’s a good start. Again, I leave in June 🙂
Did I miss anything? Is there anything else you know of that I should visit? Let me know in the comments below!